It’s important to understand that if your business is not already using AI-enabled self-service, then you haven’t already missed the boat. The latest “The Inner Circle Guide to AI-Enabled Self-Service” from contact centre industry expert ContactBabel offers guidance on the selection, usage, metrics and implementation of self service solutions.
With data from 226 UK organisations and 1,000+ interviews with UK consumers it proves that self service supports more than operational cost reductions but can give customers the painless and fast resolutions they are after. A growing emphasis is also placed upon gathering information about customer interactions to feed into voice of the customer (VoC) programs, improving the customer experience and optimising the knowledge base.
Download the report to gain insights into major considerations that affect the successful implementation of self service technology.
Some of the report’s findings include:
- Only 9% of UK contact centres use AI-enabled virtual agents to handle web chat – 81% of chats are handled entirely by live agents at an average cost of £3.39 per live chat
- 58% of senior executives state that AI-enabled self-service will be “very important” to them within 2 years: the highest score for any technology
- Using self-service to handle customer authentication would save UK contact centres £2.1bn each year
- 59% of UK contact centres expect to be using some form of AI by 2022
Read the full report to find out more.
Why read this report?
The report not only highlights the huge potential of self service solutions but also draws attention to its failure and how to avoid shortcomings. These valuable insights will help you to:
- Identify the specific pain points or issues you want to address by introducing self service
- Judge how this can positively affect customer experience
- Evaluate how quickly it can be implemented
- Consider how to make the improvements measurable