In order to up-heave profitability, contact centres aim to improve their efficiency without damaging the customer experience, through increasing automation, offering alternatives to making inbound calls, or benefiting from economies of scale. The latest edition of the UK Contact Centre Decision-Makers’ Guide focuses on how to achieve exactly that.
Enghouse Interactive proudly sponsored this major annual report which studies the performance, operations, technology and HR aspects of UK contact centre operations. Conducting a detailed structured survey amongst 226 contact centre managers and directors resulted in the largest and most comprehensive study of all aspects of the UK contact centre industry.
Download the report to gain insights into major considerations that affect the contact centre industry.
Some of the report’s findings include:
- The average cost of an inbound call is £4.53, 16% more than an email, 34% more than a web chat and 42% more than a social media interaction
- Inbound call duration is at its highest level ever – almost 6 minutes
- 1 in 4 interactions to UK contact centres is digital (email, SMS, social media or web chat)
- Two-thirds of UK contact centres now use at least one cloud-based application.
- 79% of respondents experienced more powerful extended functionality and 58% of respondents stated that cloud-based solutions had given a cheaper overall cost of ownership.
- UK contact centres waste £5.8bn per year on the time that agents spend navigating between multiple desktop applications.
- 94% of businesses believe that AI will be important to their contact centre – assisting agents, rather than replacing them.
- 16% of respondents are already using AI and 31% intending to implement AI within 12 months.
Read the full report to find out more.
Why read this report?
The report not only identifies major pain points that affect the contact centre industry, but more importantly, it offers specific solutions that can be used to solve these issues. These valuable insights will help you to:
- Align your contact centre with your customers’ expectations
- Achieve cost savings without compromising customer experience
- Successfully implement new technologies such as AI